Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

The New Homeless: Candido Gonzalez at New York's Bowery Mission - DailyFinance

The New Homeless: Candido Gonzalez at New York's Bowery Mission - DailyFinance

This article gets me sooo pumped for next years outreach Don't Walk By.
More and more lately, there's just such an excitement in my heart recognizing the heart of God is for this. God calls His people to put their refuge in Him. In this case, the Bowery has been a place of literal refuge for men and women who have no place of refuge. In a time where it seems like there's nothing but hopeless all around, I stand in awe of how we can see the deliverence of God if we choose to trust Him and believe for the impossible.

Last years DWB was a success and I cannot wait to see what happens this year. This is going to the be the second year in the a row where ministries like the one I serve (Street LIFE Ministries) and other ministries like the Bowery and other ministries that serve the homeless, go and mobilize the Body of Christ to reach the homeless in this city.

Last year I was apart of the volunteers who walked the streets searching for homeless, this year I get to be a part of the team that will connect and bring some of those we encounter to a program and a safe place, using the social work skills I've been learning in school.

For more information, please check out this video of somethings God did last yr, as well as the website www.dontwalkby.org

No comments: