What a month it's been!
The Lord has been doing so much on the streets of NYC and here in our
midst at Street LIFE. Don't Walk By Outreach, answered prayers in the Queens
House of Prayer and stories of lives changed by outreach, just to name a few.
Hope you enjoy reading this month's update!
Hope you enjoy reading this month's update!
Don't Walk By:
We just finished another successful year of our annual
"Don't Walk By" campaign, which trained and mobilized volunteers to
walk the streets and to do a "search and rescue" for the homeless.
The Lord has been so faithful and there have been so many lives touched. I will
have more statistics and stories to follow next month.
Queens House of
Prayer:
Tuesday afternoon prayer watch is my favorite of the week.
The topic? Human/sex trafficking. Today there are over 2.5 million victims of
human trafficking, a number I am often overwhelmed thinking about. During a
recent watch Mary Anna and I prayed for the Lord to expose what's happening
here in NYC, specifically for "God to raise up voices in the media and law
enforcement who will speak out against this injustice and not be silenced."
You can imagine the excitement we felt when we saw an answer
to our prayers in a local newspaper story! It told the account of a woman who
was deceived with promises of a better life in America, and upon arrival in New
York was taken captive as a sex slave. How awesome is our God! He let us join
in the fight and gives us strategy on how to pray. This is what I so enjoy
about being part of the Queens House of Prayer, knowing that as we worship and
seek Him, He gives us His heart of intercession and answers our cries. I am
excited to see what God will continue to do through our prayers, knowing it's
His desire that His "house will be called a house of prayer for all
peoples" (Isaiah 56:7).
For more information about our Queens House of Prayer or how
you can participate, you can contact me or check our website at www.qhopf.com
Born Again &
Serving Tompkins Square Park:
This is a three minute documentary of our neighbor Glen. He
gave his life to the Lord just over two years ago in one of our Sunday evening
services and now does almost everything with us. Please watch, I prayed you'd
be blessed by it.
Thank you all for reading this update. As always let me know how you are doing, I would love to pray for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment