Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

To The Man I Do Not Know The Name Of...

Man Receiving Food from Our Truck
For years, James has been a part of our extended family at Tompkins Square Park.  Every week he has enjoyed the free food & drink we supply, but would only smile and walk off when we tried to converse with him.  From time to time, I found myself praying that the Lord would open the door for me to get to know him.  The perfect opportunity arose when he asked for some hair conditioner a few weeks ago.  It was then I put some conditioners in an envelope and wrote a note addressing him as "the man I do not know the name of" and expressed how grateful we were to have him as a part of our lives at Tompkins Square Park.  

A week later I was amazed as he waved me over and began asking questions about my life. He introduced himself as James, which was exciting since he would never give me his name.  As I said my name, he said yes I know, pointing to his back pocket to indicate the note was there.  The conversation continued on, and James related to me that he had no beliefs about God.  So I shared my testimony of how I was an atheist and hated God but He showed Himself real to me through a series of circumstances.   

Please pray that the Lord will continue to develop the relationship with James and open doors for us to share the Gospel with him!

No comments: