Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Divine Encounter

Testimony written by my coworker & friend Mary Anna. She was the one who heard God to do this... I was just blessed to be a part of the opportunity.

"We planned to go into Manhattan for some adventuring today, and as I was praying in the morning before we left God told me to bring two sandwiches. I got out the leftover turkey and made some yummy sammies with stuffing and gravy, then bagged them up with some fruit and chips, excited to see what the Lord had in store. As soon as I saw this young woman seated on the ground with her sign, I knew one of them was for her. As we talked with her we learned that she had only been in the city for a few days and doesn't know where to find meals for the homeless. She had gone hungry on Thanksgiving day, and when she learned the bag contained leftovers from our Thanksgiving a big smile swept over her face. She told us she had been praying for food the past few days, as well as just wishing she could have a delicious holiday meal. I am still amazed at the goodness of God. He saw her. He saw not only her needs but also her wants and spoke to one of His people to help fulfill them. Beautiful."

No comments: