Hello everyone!
 |
| Moore Park, Elmhurst |
Hope this update finds you well. Today marks the beginning
of an outreach that is as old as me (25 years in case you didn’t know my age),
the annual outreach “Worship Warfare Week”. For those of you that do not know
what it is, it’s a jammed packed week of worship and evangelism inside the
parks of NYC. We bring dramas, prayer stations, children’s games and worship
out on the streets into some of the most diverse neighborhoods. The amazing
part is in each of the parks, we see different populations (homeless, immigrant
families, childrens etc) and ethnic groups represented. It’s one of my favorite
outreaches here and I am always excited to see how God moves! I also love being
able to publicly worship and this year I’ll be playing a part in the drama. Please
join me in prayer as I believe that we will see more fruit and God show up in
ways we haven’t seen before! Pray for those we meet (especially the kids and
families) and share the love of Jesus with them. If any of you are free and
have some time, do come out! The dates & locations are listed on our
website: http://streetlife.org/ww.html
In other exiting news… some of you have heard this already,
a co-worker of mine Weslea, was recently healed after being bedridden for 7
months. She had a virus that she contracted from a mosquito in Haiti, in which
doctors said there was no cure for… but of course we serve a God of miracles
and He healed her just in time for the end of summer and this outreach! If you
want to hear more, here is a video she posted of how it happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fse-NO8JCCU&feature=youtu.be
Its testimonies like this that increases my faith to believe that God has more
for me and this city!
Also, at the end of this month I will be traveling to
Florida for a few weeks to visit some friends and get some rest. I do not know what
to expect other than knowing God specifically spoke not to work at the US Open
this year and that I was to receive instead of working. Thanks again for reading
this update! I hope you are well and praying God’s blessing for you as you keep
pursuing Him!
In Christ,
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment