Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Worship Warfare Week Testimony

In my last email I shared briefly about Worship Warfare Week and what we were doing that week. In this one I want to sent you guys a testimony of something God did during that week.
For those of you that don’t know Worship Warfare Week is the last and busiest outreach that we do during the summer time (check the website). This year, we were blessed to have two teams from NJ and a couple from Ohio join us. With it being the longest outreach we do (2-8PM days) usually God brings on numerous divine appointments. For me, this year it was Stephen.

Stephen

Stephen was sitting slouched and looked pretty worn out when Carol, staff member here at Street LIFE, first approached him for prayer. He shared how he is homeless because of his struggle with alcoholism and is staying at a shelter, but just the night before got jumped by a few men and was injured badly. He came to the park full of despair, not wanting to go back but be clean. This is where I came in. After they prayed, Mary Anna (another person on staff) came to explain the situation to me.

Immediately I started making phone calls, trying to find a place for him to go. Usually the first step is getting him into a detox, but after making a few phone calls I was unable to find him a place. The next step was a rehab program, which was risky because most programs do not take you in unless you’ve been to detox. But, after speaking to Hope Christian Center, it appeared like they would give Stephen a chance. The only problem was Stephen had other issues that he needed to take care of before he would admit himself into a program. Those issues included trying to find a place for all his belongings and situations with his family members. Which at first seemed like there were a lot of obstacles, but after spending a few hours making phone calls all over the place, I was able to successfully work things out with his family as well as his belongings. God made a way where there seemed to be no way and took his situations and made it good. The next day, Stephen checked himself into Hope Christian Center and since then has been there.

This past week I was able to call Hope Christian Center to follow up on him. He said he is doing well and hasn’t had any urges to drink (thank God) but needs prayer for the injuries on the back of his head. Please continue to pray for him, as I know the recovery process is never easy but I know that this is his moment to be free! The program is a 6-12 month program and our prayers is that he will go through the whole thing.

Through the whole experience, I know Stephen was touched seeing how God never gives up on us and made it possible for his life to work out. I am so thankful that He allowed me the opportunity to be a part of Stephen’s life and his process to becoming free. It was also really cool because that day, I got a taste of what God is training me to do here at SLM with social work and it gets me excited to see the day when we’re able to bring more people off the streets and into a safe place. Like Luke 14:23, I want to see my Father’s house filled as we continue to go out into the streets and bring His love and life.

Thank you guys for all your prayers & support! Let me know what you think and keeps me posted, if there is anything you need prayer for please feel free to contact me and let me know!
Amy

1 comment:

Lebeka said...

=) thanks for sharing!