Humbled by Generosity
A few weeks ago, we were driving around the Far Rockaway neighborhood looking for people who were cleaning their houses so we could bless them with some soup and hot chocolate. A man walking out of his house with piles of garbage on his front yard, came up to our truck, grabbed some hot chocolate and asked for our information. Immediately he related to us, I want to send you guys a donation for the work you are doing. He said, "when this is all over, I want to give" and he thanked us and walked away.
His words bought me to tears as I sat there reflecting his kind gesture. I couldn't help but be amazed how despite this man having to throw out so many of his damaged possessions, he still thought about giving. His thoughtfulness taught me a lesson on generosity and reminded me that despite our circumstances, we give even when we feel we cannot give anymore or given enough.
![]() |
| some of the garbage piled outside people's homes |
![]() | ||
| volunteer enjoying some hot chocolate |
![]() |
| handing out some clothes |



No comments:
Post a Comment