There are 127 Strip Clubs in New York City, 1 within our neighborhood of Flushing. In my last newsletter, I shared how Mary Anna and I have been prayer walking downtown Flushing and desiring to reach the ladies who work there. If you’ve been following my latest email updates, shortly after our decision to go into the club, we found it mysteriously closed. Since we had gifts already made, we decided to go into the Asian massage parlors and give them away there. From that time on, we’ve been going bimonthly and building relationship with the women who work there (See June & August update for more details: http://adorkableamy.blogspot.com).
It is our heart to continue this type of outreach and be trained and equipped so we can reach more ladies working in the sex industry. In October, I will be attending a mission training through Strip Church in Miami. Along with the training, Mary Anna will have an opportunity to do outreach at the clubs there, so we can gain more experience and ideas on how we can effectively reach the ladies here.
Recently I learned that though the strip club was closed down, they will be opening another one in that same location. Though I am not thrilled that this is happening, I know it is God’s desire for us to go and be light in the dark and often forgotten places of society. To show the ladies that they are loved, valued and have purpose.
Please would you join me in prayer and support to make this happen? The conference takes place Oct 11-13, 2013. I need to raise $700 in order to cover the cost of the flight, registration and hotel. Any additional money I raise will go towards the outreach (as we’ve been using our personal expenses to cover the costs of gifts for the ladies). You can give online by going to https://www.wepay.com/donations/stripchurchtraining or if you are interested in receiving a tax deductible donation, you can give by going to the Strip Church fundraiser page I have created. The first portion of the funds ($337), I would need to raise by Sept 18th in order to pay for a discounted hotel fee. Go to: https://www.myxxxchurch.com/campaigns/view/adorkableamy.html
For more information or questions, see the bottom of this newsletter on how to contact me.
![]() |
| Gifts for the ladies |


No comments:
Post a Comment