Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Strip Church Training Update

Weekend of Oct 11-13, I went to the Strip Church training in Miami. Initially I went into the training excited yet uncertain about these next steps of ministry. After years of praying for the issue human trafficking, Mary Anna and I both felt it was time for action. Little did we know that action would mean outreach to workers in the sex industry and having the opportunity to go to this conference. 

From the moment the training began, to the last session we had, I couldn’t begin to explain the overwhelming emotions of peace, excitement and readiness I felt knowing this was where God had me. There were over 21 ladies from all over the country, some housewives, some ex-industry girls and others who had never done anything like this but feeling God’s tug on their hearts. We heard from speakers from several different ministries that taught on topics like “how to get into the strip clubs”, “what to do when you are in” and other practical issues in approaching this type of ministry. In addition, they took us to the clubs and where we were able to apply what we learned. Personally this was amazing because originally, I wasn’t signed up for outreach (there were limited spots available). However right before I left, I received an additional $100 gift and learned they had room, so I was able to pay the exact amount I needed for the outreach! PRAISE GOD!

In general, the outreach was amazing as my group went to 5 different clubs and brought gifts and love to the dancers, waitresses, bouncers and managers. At one of the clubs, a client was so surprise by our actions that he kept repeating “the church is at a strip club, what? The church is at a strip club!” I guess you can say we rocked his world right there. J

Overall, I am still blown away at all that God did during that time and super excited to continue forward in this ministry. Right now, Mary Anna and I are still processing all that we have learned and hopefully in the next couple of months we want to expand the outreach to strip clubs. Stay tune for more updates! Until then, please continue to keep us in prayer as we are need wisdom on how we want to move forward from this point on. Thank you once again for all those who gave towards this and made this happen!

Making gifts for the club


new friendships and like hearted women

No comments: